We know you’ve been receiving a lot of communications regarding COVID-19 over the last several days as we all figure out how to work through this unprecedented global event. We hope we can help ease at least one of your worries during this challenging time. At Whimsy Cookie Company, the wellbeing of our guests, employees and community has always been of paramount importance. This is even more true in light of current circumstances.
Our community is the heart and soul of our business – we get to do what we love every day because of you. As we face the uncertainty ahead, many in our community will face difficult challenges on top of the public health concern. It is more important now than ever that we band together to support one another.
We’ll continue to keep our commitment to supporting our communities by baking magic and happiness for the world one cookie at a time. We hope you’ll join us in continuing to support your favorite local businesses if you’re able, so they can continue to support the people who count on them. Together, we’ll keep our communities strong.
We also want to assure you that we have always taken food safety, cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and remain vigilant as we reinforce recommended measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local health authorities. Here are just a few of the things you can count on when you visit us.
- We are spending extra time cleaning our establishments with an anti-viral solution, officially approved for this purpose with a particular focus on sanitizing all hand contact surfaces such as door handles, faucet handles, tables, check folios, etc.
- We have also placed alcohol-based hand sanitizers and tissues in convenient locations for guest and employee use in both public and staff-only areas (such as at the host stand and at server stations).
- All employees are following strict hygiene practices and washing hands frequently.
- We have reiterated to our employees the importance of everyday actions that can help prevent the spread of infection that cause respiratory illnesses. At each pre-shift meeting, we review the information to ensure our team is taking the necessary precautions to mitigate potential illness.
- Any employees with flu-like symptoms are staying home from work.
We look forward to continuing to provide you with delicious cookies, unforgettable experiences and intuitive hospitality. As we all wait to see what happens next, if you can’t join us in person we hope you’ll take advantage of our delivery options that will limit interaction and keep you satisfied. This also includes curbside delivery. Just call our shop to pre-order and we’ll take care of the rest.
We will get through this together!
Laurie Suriff and Collins Tuohy-Smith.